Thursday, February 3, 2011

The earth says hello

More like "The Space says hello", or "the Planet Colonial Marteth says hello," but I couldn't do that, cause we don't have any quotes for that.

It's really early here; about six local time. Yeah, I hate getting up early, but the color of their sun is a flaming red and its pretty awesome to see it come up over the skyline.

Of course (duh) that's not the only reason I'm here on this planet. Yeah, I would take basically whatever chance I could to get off that stupid ship, but Tricia (the BEST) Malcolm (she's the comm tech) got a better idea and decided to slap me as a bodyguard for Star Trek girl from yesterday and send her off down to the planet to get samples. Probably blood and awesome stuff like that. It's the best.

At least I'm on the planet. I've heard of people that fall flat on their face when they get planetside after being on ship, but you only wish that happened to me. Katrina stumbled a little, but she didn't fall either.

Katrina is my buddy for the rest of the day. Ha, yeah, Tricia's standards of etiquette and all that stuff say that a Young Lady can't go off the ship by herself and has to have someone with her. Yeah, you got it, they went to the pageboy for the dirtside job.

If Tricia ever reads this, I'm glad I went. I saw the sun come up, and it was cool. And I don't have to do stupid errand boy jobs. Tricia's etiquette is the worst, but this works. Katrina's got a class-A chip on her shoulder, but I guess it won't kill me. If following her around all day means I can check out the internet and post on my blog, that works for me.

Ah, Katrina's heading out. I think she's trying to lose me. No such luck.

-Terry S.

No comments:

Post a Comment